Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm going away

Today is the day that I thought I couldn't wait for - my last day at work.
Last days are much like first days. There's this air of pretence and nervousness, whether intended or not.  I'm a big idiot sometimes, but I really don't handle these situations all that well.  Not sure to kiss, not to kiss, to hug, not to hug, to speech, not to speech...wish it could just be natural.  And for the most part I do believe my friends at work are true, it's not really them I'm worried about. It's me. And stressfull attention-on-me situations.
I've found that I always talk too much, share too much, smile too much and try to be funny too much in order to alleviate an awkward situation.  And then, afterwards, I'll disect everything I said and feel naked in a way.
I don't know, the last few months have been tough at work, and I think it made me a different person.  Tough things makes you grow though, so I am thankfull that I went through it and it made me stronger.
Any way, it's over now and tomorrow a new chapter starts! A long holiday lies ahead before my new job starts in January 2010.  Can you believe it's 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment