Wednesday, January 28, 2009

right as rain..

It was a quiet day today. When I realized that there was a soft rainy cloud surrounding my office, drizzling down softly, I had a sudden surge of utter love for this place.
I love my town, my little place in life. I love living here and I am honored to have been so far away, in many different countries, but now to be able to call this my town is awesome.
I think I have always had a love affair with Cape Town.
I have always wanted to live here since I can remember. The people are different. The climate is different. Life seems to have a different pace.
I love the way that rain in Africa knows how to find its way into your heart. Maybe, it has to do with the way I am connected to the earth in this particular spot that makes me feel its joy regardless of where I am in the world.
I can’t wait for winter today!
When I lived in London I said that I will never say that the weather where I am is too hot. I thought the winters were really cruel. Now, I think I miss my boots and coat.
That little rain that fell this morning reminded me of how winter in the Western Cape is nothing like winter anywhere else. Bonfires and hooded tops, beanies and long drives along the beach…
Bliss. Love. Inner peace. Spectacular views. I lost my heart in Cape Town. I found my heart in a boy from Cape Town…

1 comment:

Modelmental said...

Oh what a lovely surprise, you're local! I totally pictured you in LA when I read the other post... Probably the movie make-up reference? Well, lovely to 'meet' you and looking forward to reading about the CT boy who had your heart, maybe? Otherwise, we can just share CT love all over the show!

Post a Comment