
Yay, my best friend is having a b-day party with a theme - serious black tie and ball gowns only. The venue is an old theatre where she regularly performs in plays. So, the crowd's going to be arty and the venue is grand!
I love making my own clothes. I made my own High School Farewell Dress and regularly make my own tops - only VERY easy creations. I guess it's just something I had to learn to do as I love things that I either can't find or can't afford.
Since I know I'm not going to find the dress I want, nor planned for the expense, I decided to do something simple yet elegant.
I found AWESOME material, which was in the reject box (typical) for almost nothing.
A baby blue with a black stripe and a colourful print with a twist.
I already knew the guy working at the shop didn't share my vision when he tried to sell me some shimmering blue organza to go over the stripy material...NOT gonna work, NOT my style. NO.
I thought of a dress that I can model after, and even though this one is a wedding dress, it will work perfect for what I have in mind!
I'll keep you posted x
No comments:
Post a Comment