But alas, I am blessed with being Afrikaans, and that, you can spot a mile away. I used to sit and watch my fellow South Africans on the trains in London (and prayed that I didn't look the same!). It's the conservative way we dress and the way we carry ourselves. The Afrikaans boys more than the girls.
Afrikaans boys really don't have much style... you can spot them in their Crocs (in public places - yes - I have a massive issue with Crocs, it's ranked up there with another thing you won't ever see me wearing - white Adidas or Nike running shoes with jeans). And there's the trousers that's pulled up to the waist. I'm not saying go gangster on me, but seriously, lower them down a bit. And no, shorts should not be above the knee and should be baggy. (Yes, I'm talking to all you boys wearing 3/4's thats slim fitting... big no no, big Gauteng give away!)
My granny had a world of treasures and one of my favourite things was a copper lamp which I would rub forever for my genie to come out. I have a massive Aladdin thing...actually, it turned into an Indian thing. My best friend calls me Carishnika... if that gives you an idea!
So, when I saw these, I totally fell in love! It's perfect because I love spice! And, I'm on the hunt for the perfect low budget favours!
via 100 layer cake, one of my dailies x



No comments:
Post a Comment