
We live in a rented house, but I don't care. I feel like making little vegetable babies and caring for them.
This is what our back garden looks like. At the very end of the photo is an ugly patch that we never go to.
After much deliberation, I decided on that sunny ugly spot. There's a door that opens from the garage onto this little forgotten piece of garden, which makes it perfect for access from our kitchen.
![]() |
| The ugly spot |
Last night, I could not contain myself anymore. I skipped gym and came home. I took my camera to take pictures so that I can plan, but before I knew it, I was turning ground in my work clothes.
up the fabric and roll the stones out of the way to get to the entangled roots of the weeds.
It took some serious back breaking motions, but in the end I am really glad that it's done the proper way. The amazing thing was that the stones rolled away, and the weeds stayed behind. It was actually a really good way of doing this!
Finally, I could lay it down again and push the pebbles over it again.![]() |
| My bare canvas |
![]() |
| My mother's love - she knew I'd get there in the end! |
But still, the need to put something in the ground to justify all my efforts could not let me go. I rummaged through the kitchen drawer remembering that my mother once bought me some seeds. I thought it was only flowers, but then I found this little packet of Herb Mix.![]() |
| The Herb Patch |
So, in this little boring looking spot, I have now planted little babies. I can't wait for them to show me their little faces!






No comments:
Post a Comment