It's going to be melted and re-set to become my wedding ring.

I've never expected a huge ring, but suddenly, I got really blessed and now are going to sport something I think is quite flashy and exactly what any girl dreams of - a ring people would look at and say ooh and aah over. (I know, I'm trivial, but everybody feels this way I think? Maybe, I'm just slightly snobbish?).
Either way, on Saturday when we saw the jeweler, she looked at my plan and instantly dismissed it. John agreed on another stone without me even having to push for it! That's love, it's a huge gift!
These are the pictures I've sent her as design ideas. I like the antique look about it and I just love that I'm having a trinity setting... which rings so true in our relationship - it's you and me and God.
I once heard this sermon on how a husband and wife's relationship is like a triangle with God. The closer you grow to God, the closer you grow towards each other.
That's what this ring will remind me of - to keep God and John my priority above all else.
Every couple has their little things that they always argue about. In ours, it's me being an extrovert and him being an introvert... and the catalyst for almost every fight is other people in our lives.
I think when we lived in London, our relationship was so strong because we didn't have anybody else to phone or tell stuff to - it was just me and him.
Living back home, well, that's diluted things a bit. We have a very social life over here and there's always people in our house.
Slowly but surely, we've let other people and things become our number one priority. And that created a distance between us which was unbearable.
It all came down to this massive blow out one weekend. Embarrassingly, we had the worst fight in front of every body we know. It was bad. Super bad.
It was like the earth split and we were on opposite sides of this massive canyon between us which we couldn't cross.
I picked up a book called The Power of Prayer to Change Your Marriage by Stormie O'Martian.
It's changed everything! It's got beautiful prayers that literally change your marriage. I've been praying them over us, and I can't even begin to explain the change.
Marriage is a hard thing to do these days and I think keeping your priorities straight is the key to staying together - both physically and spiritually.
I'm really glad I found this road to travel on!

No comments:
Post a Comment