I sent my mother a text. I prayed every second whilst waiting for her to call.
I'm gonna die if I stay, I told her. Please can we borrow some money on your credit card?
My dear mother said yes. Without thinking twice.
Nobody could contain my happiness.
I knew that if you pray hard enough, and believe hard enough, you will be blessed beyond your wildest dreams.
I phoned the agency immediately and went to see them, paid them and things were going.
I put my car in the Junk Mail... it was that car that was going to pay for flights and pay my mother back.
John was over the moon. Any guy would have given up, but not him. He just kept coming back to me. Even if I tried to push him away. He just wanted me to be happy, and for the first time in a long time, I could be.
Then, as if by miracle, my project sold. I even made some money. Enough to pay the attorney and the accountants and still some for me.
And the miracles kept coming. My friend Chris got me a ticket to London for R3,000. Only catch was, that he had to fly with (employee's benefits for working for an airline). So, I didn't have to do this on my own.
I sold my car the Friday afternoon, finished off at work, and met the truck at my house.
I was moving back home for a week before flying.
Exactly two weeks after I've started the journey, I was on my way to the airport.
It was really happening! I was going to meet John in real life. It was the scariest thing in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment