I am now a wedded girl... and boy, it's so good. It's way way way better than I've imagined (and trust me, I was slightly apprehensive!).Somehow, I don't know how to explain the day or the run up to the day. All I know is that it was very stressful and crazy and then, the Friday night before the Saturday morning, it all went quiet and beautiful and I was ready to walk down the isle.
We woke up in the same bed (much to the horror of my mom who insisted on splurging a night in a hotel for me, but I refused). I just wanted to be with John. We gave each other a warm kiss, and then held each other tight as we said a prayer, asking God to join us in this day and bless the celebrations, keep the people's spirits up and let everything run smoothly. And boy, did He hold His hand over us!
My best friend took me to the spa, where I had a massage and champagne, we went walking around in the shopping mall and then went to have our hair done.
Then we went to Spier Hotel to get dressed. It was all so very special. They threw rose petals everywhere and floating candles in the bath, it was beautiful.
I was pretty much a do-it-yourself bride, I did my own make-up and fixed my own hair (somehow, the curls just didn't keep and I didn't like it the way it was).
The photographer and DVD guy followed me around and then we took some pictures with the girls.
The golf cart came to get me, and I drove alone to meet my dad in the reception. I think that little trip gave me time to clear my head. I was always a bit of a loner, not in a bad way, but I need loads of space.
I was determined not to be a late bride, I actually couldn't bear to think of how stressed poor John would be if I was late. So, I got there almost 20 minutes before hand, which was the longest wait I've ever had to wait.
John's three best guy friends came walking down the road and spotted me in the car - I will never forget how they reacted, saying how beautiful I looked. Which is funny, because that morning, I still doubted my bridal beauty very much. But I guess it's true, there are no ugly brides, somehow, you just feel pretty.
And then, it was time. I didn't listen to the music, I didn't even walk slow, I just wanted to get there and see John.
When I spotted him, I almost started crying. I don't know why, but my heart wanted to burst.
My dad kissed me goodbye, and me and John just kissed out of nervousness and I think I actually squeezed his bum when we hugged! How embarrassing!
Any way, I think the preacher saw we were super nervous and gave us a chance to catch our breaths.
We did our own vows, which I will post when the professional photo's come back, but it was so special. John is such a sensitive guy, and that's why I love him. He's so gentle and beautiful.
And then, we went for a million photo's, got back and had a blast.
Everybody couldn't stop talking about how good the food was and how much they enjoyed dancing. I must admit, even the most shy people were on the dance floor - it was just that good of a party where nobody cared!
I planned on a second dress, but I loved my first dress so much I didn't want to change, but, after a large glass of red wine got bumped onto my white splendour, I changed into my silver dress.
It all was perfect, even more perfect than I could ever ask.
Then, at the stroke of midnight, we said our goodbyes and went back to the hotel. It was an amazing first night.
Somehow, it did feel different, like really different to be married. It felt like we were dating from scratch again. Strangely, we were shy and giggly and really in love again. I have no idea how that works, but somehow, we were suddenly really aware of how close we were.
And so, we jetted off to our honeymoon and it was bliss, absolute bliss.
More to follow shortly! x












1 comment:
congratulations. you look gorgeous.
Post a Comment