I know I shouldn't, but man, how amazing is this Clapham apartment?That's my secret guilty pleasure, looking at flats on the Gumtree in London, and then, day dreaming away about them! Even though, it's not really a reality right now, I still dream of the day the coalition government realises that they can't go without Southern Hemisphereans like me.
Until they realise that South Africans, Australians and New Zealanders aren't the devil and open up their borders again, I shall cling to my little secret fantasy.
Just so you know, I'm desperate, like a Mexican dreaming of crossing the border into America desperate, the Saffa dreaming of her life in London. Yep, it's really that bad...
Some South Africans has gone before me, and probably have made a bad name for our country. What with all the complaints about how cold/rainy/cloudy/crappy London is, but I would like to state for the record that I loved London.
Exploring cobble roads and old buildings and taking the train and the bus and staring at people. Every day was an adventure. Plus, the people aren't grumpy at all as I found out first hand.
So, all I'm saying is that I'm going to continue to talk about it, probably bore you to death about it, because maybe, just maybe, we'll be back one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment