Just before we came back, I exercised like a mad woman, ate salads and never drank anything sweet and lived an alcohol free life. Plus, I didn't have the luxury of getting into my car for everything. We just don't walk anywhere in South Africa.
When my mother saw me for the first time in two years, her facial expression said it all: I was finally thin.
But, you can't live in the Western Cape and not live on red wine, cheese and biscuits and amazing food. We love food down here and a BBQ is the ultimate Saturday meal.
Also, hanging out with friends will make you consume a lot more than you would normally... drinking, going out and grabbing something that resembles a meat pie at the garage at 3:00 in the morning.
Well, I've been feeling like a good cleanse for a long time. Without really even thinking about it, it started while we were on honeymoon. I just started craving things that was good for me and pulling my face funny at a pizza or a burger. I wanted green and crispy and fresh.
So, I have decided to get off meat a bit and have vegetables, beans and whole grains for dinners and lunches.
101 Cookbooks - Healthy Food Diary has been an inspiration of note on my journey to cooking healthy and tasty. Please check it out - it's amazing!
101 Cookbooks - Healthy Food Diary has been an inspiration of note on my journey to cooking healthy and tasty. Please check it out - it's amazing!
Especially theLively Up Yourself Lentil Soup is a firm favourite.
I've also started going for walks again. It has turned into one of my favourite times of day, plugging in my iPod and walking around the neighbourhood. Quiet and nice.
Well, I'm happy to report too that after really looking at what I put into my mouth and going for regular walks has edged the scale to the left side and I think it's actually working! :)

2 comments:
when i was younger an older friend told me enjoy your body now when your 25 your butt falls down. i swear when i turned twenty five my butt did fall and i would run up this steep hill every night to try and get it back up. now i am 34 and everything is falling now matter how hard i work out. why does this have to happen so soon?
Lol, tell me about it! I keep staring at this real old lady little tummy thats developing... no matter how hard I try to pull in my tummy, it's just not that muscular anymore. Ah, well, at least we are growing in wisdom (at least most of us!) :)
Post a Comment