

Me and John have been notoriously bad with money. We are both way too thrifty for our own good and think it's a little fun game to see how little we can actually spend... I know, I know, it seems laughable, but trust me, for someone who used to spend a month's salary on a pair of imported jeans, it really showed me how material things just aren't the beginning and end of everything.
(Although, I must add that shoes and handbags must be of good quality, then the rest of your outfit can come from where ever and you will still look like a style icon)
So too, with our furniture choices.
When we came back from London, we bought a Wetherlys couch second hand (I know! But it was really rarely used and in mint condition). I didn't like the colour of the covers though, and had it dyed black...but that didn't work either, so brought it back to it's old colour...something like a yellow mustardy colour. I don't do warm colours. I am a white, cream, blue, green and grey kinda girl.
I never loved that couch at all. We just bought it because it was a good find, great price and we needed a couch.
And that's the worst reason to buy something. You should LOVE everything in your house.
So, for our wedding registry, I am going to register at Coricraft for our dream L-Shaped couch. This way, we can always have something to remember our wedding by, and come home to something we love, that will remind us of our BIG LOVE for each other.
And as we sit down, we can be reminded of how our families and friends supported us and will always be there to carry us through the good and the bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment